Teaching, Learning, Materials (TLMs) are the most needed resources for an educator, but we don’t always have the best one. Moreover, in the current situation of online classes we need to engage the students and to plan the lessons more effectively.
If you need a resource that is more engaging and effective, there is a tool for you to use, that’s Canva. Canva is the place where you have all the layout and designs that you have in your mind. Gone are the days where we relied on textbooks to take lessons. You can plan your lessons with Canva where designing and using the templates are simple and easy.
As educators, we all know that learning styles often are classified into three major categories : Visual, Auditory and kinesthetic. Canva has the solution for all the above categories, you can think and find out which style suits the children and use it in your classroom.
But first.. Let’s understand..
What is Canva? What is the difference between Canva, Canva Pro, Canva for Enterprise and Canva for Education?
Canva is a designing platform, which includes millions of templates for presentations, posters, etc. that can be easily customized according to our requirement.
Canva is free to use with restrictions to images and templates. Canva also has a paid service called Canva Pro which is for individuals and small businesses, where you can make use of advanced tools and templates. There is another version called Canva for Enterprises, which is for large enterprises to maintain their brands.
And Canva for Education is for district school teachers, educators and students. With Canva you can easily create, design, engage and integrate classrooms effectively. It integrates with various Learning Management Systems (LMSs) like Google Classroom and Microsoft Teams and many more to come.
Here’s a guide on how to use the various designs and layout to make the class effective with Canva.
Classroom Templates that are available in Canva
- Slides and Presentation – It has engaging design and styles of presentations, which are interactive and talking presentations
- Engaging audios and video – For online classes, you can create your own video, or upload it withdraw, and drop it. And music or add your own voiceover to connect with your students.
- Charts and pictorial presentation – You can get a beautiful graph or diagram in minutes, instead of just giving numbers and data you can represent it into an infographic which makes it easy for students to easily understand.
- School E-magazine – You can publish a yearly e-book or e-magazine of your school, showcasing students’ achievements, activities, events, and celebrations.
- Classroom rules and announcement – Classroom rules are essential whether it be an online or a physical class. Canva provides various styles and designs of the same.
- Worksheets and Assignments – The burden of preparing worksheets and assignments is reduced, as hundreds of templates for various subjects are available just in a few clicks. Coloring sheets, Grammar worksheets, Mindmaps, and word webs are the other resources that can be used.
- Students Portfolios – Students can create a ePortfolio, which allows them to share materials that are related to the subject or whichever subject they are interested in. They can keep their eportfolios for the future and can be shared with employers.
- Whiteboard for collaboration – Students can work on group templates and collaborate on a project, which brings out the best in one another.
- Lesson Plan – Customizable lesson plans for almost all the subjects are also available, which you can edit and print.
- Flashcards – You have eye-catching posters and for your schools or classrooms
- Newsletters – You have millions of ready-to-use templates to design newsletters and announcements.
- Certificates – you can easily design certificates to motivate and reward your students or staff.
How to get access?
As said earlier, Canva is a free account whereas Canva Pro is a paid account. You can simply sign up using your Gmail account and you have access to various designs and templates. Though Canva Pro is a paid one, you still have the access to use it for 30 days once you sign up for it.
And do you know how much is Canva for Education? You will be surprised to know that Canva for Education is free for educators!! Provided you produce valid proof from the education you work for and once it is verified your application will be approved and you will get access to it. Isn’t that a cool one?
However, Canva for Education Users can use all the features as the Canva Pro, but only for non-commercial purposes. Any commercial uses listed above are not permitted for Canva for Education Users. Hence, to experience to the fullest you can signup for Canva Pro – 30 days free trial by clicking the link below and experience it.
I have linked below a video in which I have explained you how to signup for a free canva for education account and also I have given few tips and tricks to work in Canva.