In the book “8760 hours – How to get the most from the next year” written by Alex Vermeer, explains the importance of creating a detailed plan and optimizing it for success.
He has explained –
- Why to plan ?
- How to plan ?
- What are the things to plan ?
- Tools that are available for planning.
- You can know your present reality by answering a few questions.
- Identifying your major Goals.
- Determining possible uncertainties.
- Planning and reviewing your goals.
Download the book in PDF format by clicking the given link – 8760 Hours- How to get the most from the next year.
The author has also given a compact single page year calendar from David Seah. Which holds a “big-picture” for the upcoming year. On which one can place things like:
- Major project milestones.
- Specific events and important dates.
- Monthly habits to focus on and develop.
- Anything else you want to see, such as metrics, quotes, or major goals.
After reading the book, I thought about how this compact calendar can be used as a teacher to plan the academic year.
With schools reopening very soon for the next academic year many of you are already planning for next school year. So that all the tasks can be put together in one calendar for Teachers, Students parents and for Management heads.
Though we have Google calendar, it is for our personal use and we will not be able to share it with others. Many may prefer a one page document with all the information and events for the year.
With help of the compact calendar, I have altered and incorporated a little more information that a teacher will require to plan their academic year.
I have given the link below to download the academic calendar to get your copies in the editable form.
Editing the Calendar
Once you have your copy of the calendar, you can edit them as you do in any normal Google Sheets.
- You can type the events and information on the right side of the months.
- You can change the color of the corresponding dates on the calendars by simply clicking on the date and change the background color.
- You can also remove a color by choosing “Transparent” as the background color.
Sharing the Calendar
As the template is a Google Sheet you can share the calendar.
- You can share the sheet by clicking the “Share” button and sharing with specific people or as a link.
- You can download a PDF version of the calendar by clicking “File” then “Download” then “PDF document“.
- Or you can print the document.
Click the link below for a video explaining how to use this calendar
This template an by useful for anyone who like to work in an organized manner and schedule their work.
The same template can be modified each year with out much difficulty and without missing any of the previous year’s events.
Hope your found this content useful, let me know your comments below.